Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Didn't Break It!!

A couple week's ago, my cousin and I took a ride in the mountain. At the most dangerous part of the canyon my 1975 jeep quit. I had all my passenger get so if I rolled off the mountain I only had to worry about me. Thanks heaven I got it started and made it to level ground. We let sit of about 5 minutes and then it started up and was fine after that. When I told my Dad he said, "Well what did you do. Maybe you shouldn't take the jeep up the mountain anymore." So I thought I done something wrong. Well yesterday my parents I started out for a jeep ride. We were planning on going up Ephraim Canyon, down Orangeville road to Joe's Valley. Then up to Potter's Pond where my dad's uncle Allen was camping. We go about 2 miles from Ephraim and the jeep quit. My dad said, "Well that sounds like the fuel pump." I said," Yeah I didn't break the jeep." So we head back to Spring City. My dad and I jumped on our 4-wheelers and headed up the canyon. Now if you have been up the canyon in the past 10 years you know that the road is really rocky. We finally made it to the top of the mountain and headed across the Skyline to Bacon Rine road. Bacon Rine is just as bumpy as Spring City Canyon. We finally made it to Potter's Pond and started looking for Allen camp. It took us about half hour to find them, but we did. When we decided to head home my Dad asked if I wanted to go up Reeder Cayon 4-wheeler road. It sounded fun to me so we headed up the canyon. Again we found another bumpy road. About an hour later we finally pulled up on the Skyline and headed to Spring City Canyon. When we reached the head to our Canyon. I looked and my dad and said, "You go first if you make it down all the bump call me and I follow." My arms and shoulder were very tired. When we reached the well we saw that the forest service had tempted to grade the road. The road was better but there were still a lot of rocks. We were almost home and my 4-wheeler quit. It was out of gas, so I put it on reserve to make it the last mile home. We went over 70 miles and 60 of them were on really rocky,bumpy, miserable roads. I had tons of fun for my last summer ride. I have alway said when you go in the mountains it's always an adventure.

3 comments:

Taylor Family said...

I'm glad it wasn't just you too!!! That was pretty crazy. At least you guys weren't all the way up the mountain. And yep - it's not an adventure unless something happens to remember it by. Still have the mark on my leg to remember our adventure by. But we had a great month and made tons of memories!

Liz said...

You know if I had been with you, you could have blamed me because we broke down so much on our mountain rides when we were teenagers. I'm glad you had fun and got off the mountain ok!

Stacee Maree said...

Hey Holly,
I saw Brittney at the Zoo the other day and she told me you had a blog so I have randomly thought about it and was checking out Liz's and there you were. I hope you don't mind if I check up on you and feel free to check mine too. youngfolksathome.blogspot.com
stacee